Paper submission and presentation guidelines
Direct link: Submit full paper through your CISBAT online account
After review of the 366 abstracts submitted to CISBAT 2017, the scientific committee will inform authors of its decisions by 10 March. Authors of accepted abstracts in all categories (oral, poster & software presentation) are invited to submit a full paper by 15 April 2017 for inclusion in a CISBAT Special Issue of Elsevier's open access Energy Procedia (indexed by Scopus).
- All authors: Paper submission guidelines
- Poster presentation guidelines
- Oral presentation guidelines
- Software presentation within poster exhibition guidelines
- Preliminary program (available soon)
Once you have received notification that your proposal has been accepted for an oral, poster or software presentation, please write a paper according to the instructions given below and submit it via the CISBAT Submission system. The paper must not exceed 6 pages (including abstract and references) and should be edited in MS Word or in LaTeX, using the template provided by Energy Procedia. Instructions must be followed strictly as any layout corrections will delay the publishing process of the entire proceedings. We hope to be able to publish the open access proceedings online at the date of the conference. A very limited number of proceedings will be available in print (not included in Conference fee).
- TEMPLATES (including instructions): MS Word (preferred) | LaTeX (rar) - pdf instructions
- SUBMISSION LINK
- Energy Procedia author guidelines for MS Word users
- English proofreading services: http://www.proof-reading-service.com, http://www.proofright.co.uk, among many others
- Technical FAQ regarding pdf quality and image resolution
Please register for the conference when uploadingyour paper. Should a paper not be accepted after revision, paid conference fees will be fully refunded.
- Submission of full paper: deadline 15 April 2017
- Review results notification: 1 May - 31 May 2017
- Submission of paper revised according to reviewers' comments (correctly formatted): 20 June 2017 latest
NB: earlier deadlines may apply as a function of date of notification. This is to allow us to process the final versions over a certain time span. Thank you for your understanding.
- Final acceptance notification: until 30 June 2017
After the final acceptance of your paper, please
- indicate which author will present the paper (click field next to author name)
- enter basic biographical details of presenter (for session chair only, not to be published)
- verify and update your extended abstract for the book of abstracts if there are changes since abstract submission.
Energy Procedia will confirm publication in July/August and request that you sign their licence agreement.
Once your final paper has been transmitted to Energy Procedia, the journal will request that you sign their license agreement.
Authors will retain the copyright as stated in paragraph "Scholarly communication rights" of the licence:
"I understand that I retain the copyright in the Article and that no rights in patents, trademarks or other intellectual property are transferred to the Journal. As the author of the Article, I understand that I shall have: (i) the same rights to reuse the Article as those allowed to third party users of the Article under the CC-BY-NC-ND License, as well as (ii) the right to use the Article in a subsequent compilation of my works or to extend the Article to book length form, to include the Article in a thesis or dissertation, or otherwise to use or re-use portions or excerpts in other works, for both commercial and non-commercial purposes. Except for such uses, I understand that the license of publishing rights I have granted to the Journal gives the Journal the exclusive right to make or sub-license commercial use."
Paper layout checklist
Please strictly follow template styles MS Word (preferred) | LaTeX (rar) and Energy Procedia author guidelines for MS Word users. The FAQ document might help you with regard to image and pdf quality.
- Paper: 6 (six) A4 pages max., unnumbered, if possible printable in black and white (careful with graphs!)
- Abstract: included in the 6 pages, 50-100 words. This abstract is shorter than the extended 300 to 500 word abstract used in the book of abstracts. At paper submission please verify and update also the originally submitted extended abstract in the conference submission system.
- Layout, fonts & spaces: please follow template styles
- Keywords: 5-10 keywords, please follow template style
- Tables: headings above, left justified, numbered with Arabic numerals
- Illustrations: resolution of 300 dpi, inserted in main body, numbered as Figures with Arabic numerals. Legend below illustration in 9pt and left justified.
- Equations: Mathtype, numbered consecutively with Arabic numerals in parantheses on right hand side
- References: numbered between square brackets, quoted in reference section, if more than two authors, use first author name et al.
- File naming and submission: naming is unimportant as submission system will take care of that. Please submit both the source file and the PDF to the Guest Editor.
- English: as papers will be published in Energy Procedia, a good standard of English is essential and beneficial also to authors, as well written work will be taken more seriously. If English proofreading is requested by the reviewers, please make sure that the person who does the English proofreading is indeed qualified to do so. If in doubt, there are online proofreading services that are not too expensive, such as http://www.proof-reading-service.com, http://www.proofright.co.uk and many others.
Before submitting, please check correct formatting and if necessary have your paper proofread by a native or near-native English speaker. Bear in mind that papers will be open access and referenced; the writing quality must reflect this in the editors' and the authors' interest.
If your contribution has been accepted for a POSTER PRESENTATION, please prepare your paper as indicated above and a poster according to the poster layout instructions below. Please do not send your poster in advance unless your travel arrangements make it necessary; take it along on the first day of the conference and display it on the panel that corresponds to the number indicated in the program. For easier identification during the conference, we also ask you display a portrait photo of the presenter next to the poster (printed on A4 or US letter page, indicating the name of the presenter below -> example doc | pdf).
The posters will be introduced by the session chairs within the relevant oral sessions and the poster sessions will take place by topic following the corresponding oral sessions (see program). The posters will furthermore be accessible throughout the conference in front of the main auditorium, where participants will circulate during coffee and lunch breaks. Unfortunately, the tight conference schedule does not allow plenary poster presentations by the authors themselves.
A best poster prize will be awarded during the opening session of the 2nd conference day.
- Size: A0; at your disposal: 1 panel 180 cm x120 cm (height x width)
- Content: title, author and affiliation, objectives, methodology, results and conclusions
- Appearance: focus on illustrations, prefer graphs over tables, text minimum 6 mm
- Display: please display poster on your arrival until the end of the second conference day, on the pannel that bears the number of your contribution given in the program. Drawing pins are available at the reception.
- Photo identifiying the presenter: for easier identification of the presenter, please display a photo with name and affiliation (example doc | pdf ) next to your poster.
- Unforeseen absence: if for any reason you cannot attend the conference, please inform us as soon as you know. Empty poster display pannels are not nice to see and take up valuable space!
--- INFO---: Should you not be able to print your poster beforehand, you can do so in Lausanne. There are two possibilities: 1. In town centre: CopyQuick P.A. Mouttet SA, Place Pépinet 1, 1003 Lausanne. On weekdays open 8:15 – 12:00 13:30 – 18:00 2. Print service on EPFL campus: http://repro.epfl.ch/location (5' from EPFL metro stop). Open weekdays 8:30 - 11:00, 13:30 - 16:00. Allow some time - they are very busy.
If your contribution has been accepted for an ORAL PRESENTATION, please write and lay out your paper as indicated in the paper submission guidelines and prepare your talk as follows:
Duration: 15' (including questions, schedule see program and session details once uploaded).
Infrastructure: A PC, a beamer and an overhead projector will be available. Please send us your presentation by email to firstname.lastname@example.org before the conference or hand in a CD or USB stick with your presentation at the reception on your arrival. Label clearly your file/CD with your name and the session number. The technical staff will make sure that all is ready for your presentation at the right time and in the right place. If you do not intend to use MS powerpoint, please inform us before the conference. For presentations requiring a Mac, please take your own laptop and connector and inform us on your arrival. Thank you in advance.
Unforeseen absence: should you not be able to attend, please inform us at your earliest convenience and, if possible, send a person to replace you.
If your contribution has been accepted for a SOFTWARE PRESENTATION in the framework of the poster exhibition, please prepare a paper of up to 6 pages for the conference proceedings (see paper guidelines) as well as a poster (see poster guidelines). Below please find information on the infrastructure available for your presentation as well as guidelines regarding the paper and poster layout:
Infrastructure at your disposal : 1 panel 180 cm x120 cm (height x width) behind 1 table, 2 chairs, 1 220 V connection
Please note that we do not supply hardware (computers, screens, cables, adapters etc.).
Responsibililty: You are responsible for your own material. However, in your absence, you may leave your computer with the conference reception desk, which will be attended at all times.
The official conference language is English.
Authors have been notified regarding the acceptance of their abstract for an oral or a poster presentation on 10 March 2017. The deadline for submission of the full paper is 15 April 2017.
By submitting a full paper the authors agree that at least one of the authors will attend the conference to present it. They also agree that the paper can be made available as part of the proceedings on paper, electronic supports and the internet.
Authors are kindly requested to register when submitting their full paper. The conference fee will be returned should a paper be refused.
Papers accepted for the conference will be published in the CISBAT Special Issue of Energy Procedia subject to author registration valid after payment of the registration fee (Registration terms and conditions). The papers will also be available at the conference on a USB stick, which will be distributed with a book of abstracts to all conference participants. A printed version will be published after the conference and is not included in the conference price.
For all enquiries, please contact the conference manager: Barbara Smith +41 21 693 6249 / email@example.com