Paper submission and presentation guidelines
Direct link: Submit full paper through your CISBAT online account
After review of all abstracts submitted to CISBAT 2019, the scientific committee will inform authors of its decisions by 15 March. Authors of accepted abstracts in all categories (oral, poster & software presentation) are invited to submit a full paper by 15 May 2019 for inclusion in a CISBAT Special Issue of IOP's Journal of Physics: Conference Series, indexed by Scopus, ISI Web of Science, EI Compendex and others (CC BY licence).
- All authors: Paper submission guidelines
- Poster presentation guidelines
- Oral presentation guidelines
- Software presentation within poster exhibition guidelines
Once you have received notification that your proposal has been accepted for an oral, poster or software presentation, please write a paper according to the instructions given below and submit it via the CISBAT Submission system. The paper must not exceed 6 pages (including abstract and references) and should be edited in MS Word or in LaTeX, using the template provided by IOP. Instructions must be followed strictly as any layout corrections will delay the publishing process of the entire proceedings. We hope to be able to publish the open access proceedings online by 31 October 2019 at the latest. A very limited number of proceedings will be available in print (not included in Conference fee).
- TEMPLATES (and instructions): MS Word (preferred) | LaTeX (zip) // guidelines (IOP Website) | example
- SUBMISSION LINK
- English proofreading services: http://www.proof-reading-service.com, http://www.proofright.co.uk, among many others
- Please register for the conference when uploading your paper. Should a paper not be accepted after revision, paid conference fees will be fully refunded.
- Submission of full paper: deadline 15 May 2019
- Review results notification: 16 May - 26 July 2019
- Submission of paper revised according to reviewers' comments (correctly formatted): 20 July 2019 latest
NB: earlier deadlines may apply as a function of date of notification. This is to allow us to process the final versions over a certain time span. Thank you for your understanding.
- Final acceptance notification: by 26 July 2019 (no changes will be possible after this date)
- Final papers submitted by editor to publisher: 10 September 2019
- Publication in Journal of Physics: Conference Series: by 31 October 2019
After the final acceptance of your paper, please
- indicate which author will present the paper (click field next to author name)
- enter basic biographical details of presenter (for session chair only, not to be published)
- verify and update your extended abstract for the conference application if there are changes since abstract submission.
By submitting a paper authors implicitely agree with the IOP license agreement.
Paper layout checklist
Please strictly follow template styles MS Word (preferred) | LaTeX (zip). Before starting, read example document with detailed instructions. Further information is available at Journal of Physics: Conference Series author guidelines.
- Paper: 6 (six) A4 pages max., unnumbered, if possible printable in black and white (careful with graphs!)
- Abstract: included in the 6 pages, 50-100 words. This abstract is shorter than the extended word abstract submitted originally. At paper submission please verify and update also the originally submitted extended abstract in the conference submission system.
- Layout, fonts & spaces: please follow template styles - no page numbers, headers or footers!
- Keywords: 5-10 keywords, please follow template style
- Tables: headings above, centred, numbered with Arabic numerals
- Illustrations: resolution of 300 dpi, inserted in main body, numbered as Figures with Arabic numerals. Caption below illustration at a distance of 6 pt and centred. Printing will be in black and white only, but with a reference to color online version.
- Equations: Mathtype or Equation editor, numbered consecutively with Arabic numerals in parantheses on right hand side
- References: numbered between square brackets, quoted in reference section
- Copyright materials: it is the authors' responsibility to apply for and obtain permission to reproduce in electronic and print form any copyright materials to be included in the work.
- File naming and submission: naming is unimportant as submission system will take care of that. Please submit both the source file and the PDF to the Guest Editor. PDF must be editable and not password protected.
- English: as papers will be published in Journal of Physics: Conference Series, a good standard of English is essential and beneficial also to authors, as well written work will be taken more seriously. If English proofreading is requested by the reviewers, please make sure that the person who does the English proofreading is indeed qualified to do so. If in doubt, there are online proofreading services that are not too expensive, such as http://www.proof-reading-service.com, http://www.proofright.co.uk, https://oxbridgeproofreading.co.uk/ and many others.
Before submitting, please check correct formatting and if necessary have your paper proofread by a native or near-native English speaker. Bear in mind that papers will be open access and referenced; the writing quality must reflect this in the editors' and the authors' interest.
If your contribution has been accepted for a POSTER PRESENTATION, please prepare your paper as indicated above and a poster according to the poster layout instructions below. Please do not send your poster in advance unless your travel arrangements make it necessary; take it along on the first day of the conference and display it on the panel that corresponds to the number indicated in the program. For easier identification during the conference, we also ask you display a portrait photo of the presenter next to the poster (printed on A4 or US letter page, indicating the name of the presenter below -> example doc | pdf).
The posters will be introduced by the session chairs within the relevant oral sessions and the poster sessions will take place by topic following the corresponding oral sessions. The posters will furthermore be accessible throughout the conference in front of the main auditorium, where participants will circulate during coffee and lunch breaks. Unfortunately, the tight conference schedule does not allow plenary poster presentations by the authors themselves.
A best poster prize will be awarded during the opening session of the 2nd conference day.
- Size: A0; at your disposal: 1 panel 180 cm x120 cm (height x width)
- Content: title, author and affiliation, objectives, methodology, results and conclusions
- Appearance: focus on illustrations, prefer graphs over tables, text minimum 6 mm
- Display: please display poster on your arrival until the end of the second conference day, on the pannel that bears the number of your contribution given in the program. Drawing pins are available at the reception.
- Photo identifiying the presenter: for easier identification of the presenter, please display a photo with name and affiliation (example doc | pdf ) next to your poster.
- Unforeseen absence: if for any reason you cannot attend the conference, please inform us as soon as you know. Empty poster display pannels are not nice to see and take up valuable space!
--- INFO---: Should you not be able to print your poster beforehand, you can do so in Lausanne. There are two possibilities: 1. In town centre: CopyQuick P.A. Mouttet SA, Place Pépinet 1, 1003 Lausanne. On weekdays open 8:15 – 12:00 13:30 – 18:00 2. Print service on EPFL campus: http://repro.epfl.ch/location (5' from EPFL metro stop). Open weekdays 8:30 - 11:00, 13:30 - 16:00. Allow some time - they are very busy.
If your contribution has been accepted for an ORAL PRESENTATION, please write and lay out your paper as indicated in the paper submission guidelines and prepare your talk as follows:
Duration: 15' (including questions, schedule see program and session details once uploaded).
Infrastructure: A PC, a beamer and an overhead projector will be available. Please send us your presentation (4:3 or 16:9) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org before the conference or hand in a USB stick with your presentation at the reception on your arrival. Label clearly your file/CD with your name and the session number. The technical staff will make sure that all is ready for your presentation at the right time and in the right place. If you do not intend to use MS powerpoint, please inform us before the conference. For presentations requiring a Mac, please take your own laptop and connector and inform us on your arrival. Thank you in advance.
Unforeseen absence: should you not be able to attend, please inform us at your earliest convenience and, if possible, send a person to replace you. Please note that papers will only be published if at least one author is present at the conference. Exceptions are made on presentation of a medical certificate.
If your contribution has been accepted and it concerns a computer tool or platform that you are interested in demonstrating to other participants, you may want to apply for a SOFTWARE PRESENTATION space in the framework of the poster exhibition. Below please find information on the infrastructure available for your presentation as well as guidelines regarding the paper and poster layout:
Infrastructure we can put at your disposal : 1 panel 180 cm x120 cm (height x width) behind 1 table, 2 chairs, 1 220 V connection
Please note that we do not supply hardware (computers, screens, cables, adapters etc.).
Responsibililty: You are responsible for your own material. However, in your absence, you may leave your computer with the conference reception desk, which will be attended at all times.
The official conference language is English.
Authors have been notified regarding the acceptance of their abstract for an oral or a poster presentation on 15 March 2019. The deadline for submission of the full paper is 15 May 2019.
By submitting a full paper the authors agree that at least one of the authors will attend the conference to present it. They also agree that the paper can be made available as part of the proceedings on paper, electronic supports and the internet.
Authors are kindly requested to register when submitting their full paper. The conference fee will be returned should a paper be refused.
Papers accepted for the conference will be published in the CISBAT Special Issue of Energy Procedia subject to author registration valid after payment of the registration fee (Registration terms and conditions). The papers will also be available at the conference on a USB stick, which will be distributed with a book of abstracts to all conference participants. A printed version will be published after the conference and is not included in the conference price.
For all enquiries, please contact the conference manager: Barbara Smith +41 21 693 6249 / email@example.com