Guidelines for ON-SITE POSTER presenters
All posters will be accessible to participants in an online showroom, accompanied by a pre-recorded
All information on this page applies if the hybrid conference can go ahead as planned. In case the conference has to go virtual, online poster sessions will be organised.(virtual?)
- Preparation of poster (Submission 1 July to 25 August)
- Recording of 1' pitch presentation (Submission 1 July to 25 August)
- Presence & presentation during CISBAT 2021
1. Poster preparation
- Size: A0 portrait
- Content: title, author and affiliation, objectives, methodology, results and conclusions.
- Appearance: focus on illustrations, prefer graphs over tables, text minimum 6 mm and supporting illustrations rather than stand-alone. Presentation from left to right, top to bottom.
- Submission with pitch presentation between 1 July and 25 August through the CISBAT Conference Management System.
- Display: please take along your poster and display it on your arrival until the end of the second conference day, on the pannel that bears the number of your contribution given in the program. Drawing pins are available at the reception.
- Unforeseen absence: if for any reason you cannot attend the conference, please inform us as soon as you know. Empty poster display pannels are not nice to see and take up valuable space!
--- INFO---: Should you not be able to print your poster beforehand, you can do so in Lausanne. There are two possibilities: 1. In town centre: CopyQuick P.A. Mouttet SA, Place Pépinet 1, 1003 Lausanne. On weekdays open 8:15 – 12:00 13:30 – 18:00 2. Print service on EPFL campus: http://repro.epfl.ch/location (5' from EPFL metro stop). Open weekdays 8:30 - 11:00, 13:30 - 16:00. Allow some time - they tend to be very busy.
2. Recorded pitch presentation of 1'
Guidelines and technical help for the video recording of your pitch will be made available by the beginning of June at the latest.
We will ask you to pre-record a 1' pitch presentation of your poster (by zoom or a similar tool), showing one slide, and submit it as an mp3 or mp4 file between 1 July and 25 August, with your poster.
- One slide
- Show of both speaker and slide
- Duration: no longer than 1'
- Recording your pitch: a technical guide will be available by June
- Submission with a pdf of your poster between 1 July and 25 August through the CISBAT Conference Management System
3. During the conference
Your poster will receive special attention during a dedicated poster session introduced by the session chair at the end of the corresponding oral session. It will be accessible to participants on-site in the display area in front of the conference rooms throughout the first two conference days.
All posters will be accessible to participants with the recorded video pitches in an online poster showroom. Both remote and on-site participants will have access to a topical virtual room during the poster session, for an exchange on posters of remote presenters. The quick links will be displayed in the "conference plaza" platform, through which streamed presentations can also be accessed.
For all enquiries, please contact the conference manager: