"Future Buildings and Districts - Sustainability form Nano to Urban Scale" was the topic of the international conference CISBAT, which took place in the Swiss lakeside city of Lausanne from 9 to 11 September 2015.
Designed as a platform for interdisciplinary dialog and presentations of innovative research and development in the field of sustainability in the built environment, the conference covered a wide range of subjects from solar nanotechnologies to the metabolism of urban districts.
The organisers warmly thank all who made this conference a success: keynotes, presenters and active participants, our partners, the scientific committee, LESO-PB and EPFL staff, caterers as well as guides of technical visits. We also express our sincere gratitude to our main sponsor, the Federal Office of Energy, without whom CISBAT could not have taken place, as well as to the Federal Commission for Technology and Innovation who funded the Outreach Event through the Swiss Competence Centre for Energy Research "Future Energy Efficient Buildings and Districts".
We are happy to have received the agreement of the keynote speakers to publish their presentations on this page:
- Dr Christoph Ritz - Climate Changes - Facts, Challenges, Perspectives
- Prof. Claes-Göran Granqvist - Thermochromic and Electrochromic Fenestration: New Nanotechnologies for Energy-Efficient Buildings
- Dr Henrik Lund - Smart Energy Systems - Energy Efficient Buildings and the Design of Future Sustainable Energy Systems
- Karl Viridén - Refurbishments beyond Energy Plus
Best poster prizes were awarded for the following:
- Dynamic thermal simulations for developing early-stage assessments for office buildings
Anja Degens, Frank Scholzen and Christoph Odenbreit from University of Luxembourg
(Topic Building Simulation)
- Extensive geothermal heat use in cities - energetic and economic comparison of options for thermal regeneration of the ground
Patrick Persdorf, Florian Ruesch and Michel Y. Haller from the Institute for Solar Technology SPF, Rapperswil, Switzerland
(Topic Urban Simulation)
Conference Proceedings will be published online in the beginning of October.
- University of Cambridge
- Swiss chapter of the International Building Performance Simulation Association IBPSA
CISBAT 2015 was an official presentation platform for the
- Swiss Competence Center for Energy Research (SCCER) "Future Energy Efficient Buildings & Districts" (FEEB&D).
To be on the mailing list for the next conference, please subscribe to the newsletter or send an email to email@example.com.